I wondered who would be the first friend to visit me in Reno, NV after moving here from Greensboro, NC. And I wondered how long it would take to get someone to visit.
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am PLEASED to announce that after my arriving in Reno on August 28th, 2009, I will only have been visitor-less for 43 days because Wesley Johnson is coming to visit on October 1oth, 2009!
I would like to call myself visitorless for only 22 calender days because Wes called today to tell me that he bought the ticket. So I count this as the day that I did not have visitors up until!
Wesley does not know what he is in for! Here are some ideas of what were are going to do…
- hiking at Spooner Lake, NV
- camping at Lower Sardine Lake and day hiking to Upper Sardine Lake
- swimming in the coldest water: Lake Tahoe!
- countless scenic overlooks
- photo op at Sand Harbor (Lake Tahoe)
- swimming at Pyramid Lake
- running around and playing at Donner Lake – jumping off of the piers into the lake!
- possible casino adventures in Reno
- countless cool places to eat…all natural foods…world class cuisines
- hiking along the Truckee River (white water courtesy of Lake Tahoe’s alpine waters)
- wildlife in Nevada’s deserts and all over California’s high Sierra mountains
Are you getting excited yet Wes?!